These cookies have a delicate coconut flavor from the flour, and they are quite crumbly, but without being too dry. They are perfect with some coffee or tea, or even milk (but make it plant milk, to keep it vegan).
- 130 g (1 cup) coconut flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) plant milk (coconut, oat, soy – the more neutral (or coconuty) the better)
- 30 g agave syrup
- 10 g (1.5 tbsp) carob powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small banana, ripe (about 90 g)
- 5 g (1 tsp) baking powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp coconut oil) – this is optional
- 1 pinch of salt
Preheat the oven (medium-high heat) for at least 20 minutes.
Make the flax egg and set it apart. Mash the banana until you have a smooth puree.
Mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
Mix until you have a dough. It should be a little crumbly J
Form cookies about 1 – 1.5 cm thick and about 3-4 cm wide.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake them for 20-25 minutes at medium-high heat.
40 g unrefined brown sugar (or the sugar of your choice) instead of agave
Apple puree (unsweetened) instead of banana (the same quantity as the banana)
Don’t forget to follow my blog and subscribe to my YouTube for more recipes and videos! I post every Friday :)