Friday, January 5, 2018

Coconut and rice flour pancakes

For some time now I started experimenting with gluten free recipes, because I know some close people that are gluten intolerant and I love cooking for friends and family.
And I like sharing my recipes too! But you already know that :)
It occurred to me (with the help of my husband 😊) that I didn't post breakfast recipe for some time now, so here it comes.
This time I made some coconut and rice flour pancakes.

Here comes the recipe:


Ingredients:

** 180 g (1 cup) rice flour
** 280 g (1 cup) apple puree
** 450 ml (2 cups) plant milk
** 50 g (1/2 cup) coconut flakes
** 2 tsp baking powder
** 2 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
** 1 pinch of salt
** splash of vanilla (optional)
** 1-2 tbsp tapioca flour (optional) + 3-4 tbsp plant milk to make a slurry


Method:
Mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then add the dry into the wet.
Mix until combined. Let everything sit for about 10-15 minutes.

If you want to add tapioca flour, your pancakes will hold more. And you have 2 possibilities to add the flour. You can add the flour to the dry ingredients and all the milk together. Or you can make a slurry with the tapioca and the extra milk and add it to the wet ingredients.
Heat a nonstick pan (even lightly oil it) an make pancakes Cook them for about 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat (do not attempt to flip them before the 3 minutes) then flip them and cook them for about 1-2 minutes.

Enjoy!

You have a video version here: 



Don't forget to follow my blog and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you like my work :)




No comments:

Post a Comment