Friday, June 1, 2018

High protein summer bowl

I love hearty meals and I love to cook. But now it's so hot outside that cooking at least for lunch is the last thing on my mind.
So I make a lot of fresh bowls that are also high in protein and some healthy fats. I call them all Buddha bowls because it's just easier. And truly, Buddha bowls can have anything.
I always follow a few base rules: always have greens, some of my favorite veggies and one protein (tofu, tempeh, lentils, beans, chickpeas, seitan...)
Let's see how I make this one (which is my favorite lately).


Ingredients:
** greens of choice (I prefer romaine lettuce or spinach)
** green onions (1 or 2, depending on your preference)
** 1 medium sweet pepper
** 1 medium tomato
** 1 medium cucumber
** hummus (2-4 tbsp), because hummus is life
** tofu (about 200g) (marinated in soy sauce, garlic powder, chili powder and baked or fried until crispy)
** your favorite sauce

Method:
Chop all your veggies. Mix your greens with the green onions. Add the rest of your veggies, hummus and tofu.
Add your favorite sauce and enjoy!

You have the video version and a grocery haul on my YouTube channel too:


Don't forget to subscribe, like and comment if you like what I'm doing here!




No comments:

Post a Comment