Thursday, October 12, 2017

Pumpkin chickpea pancakes

Because the fall means pumpkin for me (you already know this if you saw my last post) I love cooking and experimenting with pumpkin.
I also love chickpea flour. And for a high protein, oil free and healthy breakfast I made these pancakes one day when I had some freshly made pumpkin puree and a need for something different :)
They are fluffy, really tasty and perfect for fall due to the pumpkin and the warming spices :)

Let's go to the recipe now!


Ingredients (2 servings):

120 g (1 cup, packed) chickpea flour
220 g (¾ cup, packed) pure pumpkin puree
30 g (2 tbsp) brown sugar (optional)
20 g (2 tbsp) flax meal OR ground chia seeds
360 ml (1 ½ cup) plant milk of choice
10 g (2 tsp) baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice OR 1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt


Method:
Into a bowl mix all the dry ingredients
Add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined
Let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes
Heat a nonstick pan (even lightly oil it) an make pancakes
Cook them for about 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat then flip them and cook them for about 1-2 minutes.

Enjoy!


For the video version of this recipe you can go here: 






If you like what you see, then follow my blog, subscribe to my channel, like, comment and share. I post something new every Friday.

Let's build a community and spread the vegan message!




No comments:

Post a Comment